Sidelights April 2013 out now!
President Captain R.J. Klein proposes new views and urges CAMM members to identify key "target positions" that CAMM will actively make a concerted effort to move them forward and attempt to resolve these issues.
Download the April 2013 Issue
- PONY /NJ CAMM Chapter: Captain George Sandberg takes the helm
- CAMM's Professional Development Conference and Annual General Meeting
- Father Oubre: Final Word from Pope Benedict XVI
- ISPS Code — ten years on;
- LUC, UNCLOS 1982 and the Italo-Indian Flap
- IOOS®: A vision for the next ten years;
- Peter, the Odyssey of a Merchant Mariner
- IFSMA Reports;
- Chapter Reports and Council business;
- Ocean Adventurer Peter Bird;
- Pollution by water ballast;
now. (PDF format, 4.79 MB - low res)
Sidelights is written by master mariners and pilots for master mariners and pilots. It is the place we share our ideas, concerns, and experiences with others in our profession from all over the nation, and now, world. It is an outlet for our views to be heard by industry, government and regulatory officials. Sidelights is a way we communicate.
Sidelights is distributed to key industry officials, government officials (including MARAD, USCG, Congressional committee chairs, etc.), international shipmaster associations and international regulatory entities such as IFSMA and the IMO.
In Each Issue
- View From the Bridge report from our own CAMM National President regarding the hot issue of the month;
- CAMM Chapter & Committee Reports;
- Security and piracy news updates by Will Watson;
- The most current issues facing mariners and their effects on the industry;
- Original, timely articles submitted by maritime professionals;
- Seafarers’ rights by Father Sinclair Oubre, CAMM Chaplain;
- IFSMA: 2 pages each issue, Secretary-General Captain John Dickie reports;
- In the Membership: poems, perspectives, and letters;
- Peter, the Odyssey of a Merchant Mariner by Captain Peter Chelemedos
- Company of Master Mariners of Canada (CMMC) Section;
- International Perspective, featuring articles about or written from around the world.
Submit an Article
Guidelines for article submissions
To submit an article, please email or send your articles, photos and related material to:
c/o Tom Bradley
4605 NW 139th Loop
Vancouver, WA 98685
Advertise in Sidelights
Sidelights accepts maritime related advertisements to support publishing and distribution costs.
Advertising Rates and Tech Specs Web View OR Download pdf.
February: February 15 (articles due by January 22)
April: April 1 (articles due by March 1)
June: June 1 (articles due by May 1)
October: October 1 (articles due by September 1)
December: December 1 (articles due by November 1)